Black & White and Color ad submissions (in order of preference):
- PDF "Press Optimized" (CMYK at 300 DPI, fonts embedded, etc.)
- InDesign Interchange file packaged with all links and font files or fonts converted to outlines. Note: files packaged on Macs may not contain the resource fork of the font files and may therefore not be usable.
- Hi-Res (300 DPI) Photoshop PSD file with font files or fonts converted to outlines.
- Illustrator AI file with font files or fonts converted to outlines.
- Hi-Res (300+ DPI) TIF, JPG or EPS
Notes on creating PDFs
- Use preset "Press Optimized" PDF
- Ensure that all elements are in correct color format - grayscale (for black and white ads) or CMYK (for color ads).
- Do not save with transparency
- Set bleeds to 1/4" on all sides
- Turn off all Printer's marks except crop marks (use .25" offset)
- Embed all fonts
- Do not downsample below 266dpi
- "Convert to process" for all spot colors
Black & White ads must be saved in grayscale Color ads should contain only CMYK elements
- no RGB or spot colors.
- Line screen 133 / Resolution 300dpi
- Include hardcopy or low-res rasterized proof with all digital files.
|AD SIZE||NON-BLEED||BLEED* (trim size)|
|Full page||7.625" x 9.875"||8.375" x 10.875"|
|1/2 Horizontal||7.625" x 4.875"||8.375" x 5.375"|
|1/2 Vertical (see rates)||3.75" x 9.875"||4.125" x 10.875"|
|1/2 Exclusive (see rates)||5.375" x 7"||5.875" x 7.625"|
|1/4||3.75" x 4.875"||NA|
|1/4 Real Estate||5" x 3.75"||NA|
|1/8 Real Estate||2.4375" x 3.75"||NA|
|1/10 Business Card||3.75" x 1.9375"||NA|
ALL bleed ads must allow:
- 1/4" bleed on ALL sides
- 1/4" margins inside trim line on all sides for any essential matter
- 1/4" offset for registration
The 15th of each month for publication the following month. Ads submitted after the 15th may be accepted subject to discretion.
- Email to email@example.com
- Mail CD to: Community Magazine 1616 Ocean Pkwy, Brooklyn, NY 11223
- Make available on FTP site
- Use shareat.com (email for instructions)
- Contact graphics dept. at: 718-645-4460
- Adult/Mature pictures or subjects
- Unsupervised/improperly supervised food products. Food related ads must include certification of Orthodox kosher supervising agency
- Content not consistent with Orthodox Judaism (provocative images of women, immodest clothing/entertainment, etc.)