"Bringing Hope through Torah" ATIME Shas-a-Thon 5776
2-3 medium eggplants salted
¼ cup olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped not crushed
2 boxes chopped tomatoes by Pompi
½ teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
¼ cup fresh basil chopped plus extra for topping
1 pound linguine pasta
• Cut eggplant into small cubes.
• Place in a single layer onto tray, drizzle with oil and kosher salt.
• Roast in a 400 degree oven for about one hour or until golden.
• In a large pan add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, adding the onions & garlic.
• Cook until soft - about 8 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes oregano, pepper flakes, and basil.
• Cook until thick - about 10 minutes.
• Add eggplant to sauce. Continue to simmer on low heat.
• Bring large pot of salted water to a boil adding pasta and cooking for 8-10 minutes.
• When done, without rinsing add the pasta to sauce gently and warm. If sauce is too thick add a couple of tablespoons of pasta water.
• Serve with grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil.