Pick one. Any one. You can save a life.
By: Marie Torgueman
Maintaining a clean and organized space creates a beautiful and efficient home environment. Implement any of these simple solutions and notice the difference!
· Use large safety pins to keep sock pairs together in the washing machine.
· Hang a towel bar in your closet for scarves or jewelry.
· Cut pool noodles or stuff rolled up magazines into tall boots to keep their shape.
· As a preventative measure, remove plastic after dry cleaning clothing. Trapped moisture can cause fibers to dry out and yellow the fabric.
· Stick a magnetic strip discretely underneath a medicine cabinet to hold tweezers and clippers.
· When filling in your family calendar, assign a specific color to each family member. This way you can easily tell who the appointment is for.
· Clean stainless steel appliances with baby oil and enjoy the shine.
· Disinfect sponges by squeezing out the water and placing them in the microwave on high for one minute. This will kill any bacteria that resided there.
· Clean windows only on a cloudy day so the cleaning solution doesn’t leave streaks when it dries.
· Clean your microwave with a bowl of water and sliced lemon. Cook on high for two minutes and easily wipe away the mess.
· Use an egg carton for an inexpensive way to store jewelry.
· Gently rub a walnut onto wood furniture to remove scratches and scuffs.
· Instead of wasting small pieces of wrapping paper, shred or cut them into thin strips for colorful gift bag stuffing.