Pick one. Any one. You can save a life.
By: Esther Sassoon
Yodels are the perfect summer treat. Prepare them parve or dairy, and enjoy the taste!
4 eggs separated
4 tspns sugar
3 tbspns flour
1 tbspn cocoa
1 tspn vanilla
1 tspn baking powder
1 tbsp oil
10 oz container of whip cream
14 oz baking chocolate
Caramel cream, peanut butter, or hazelnut spread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an electric mixer, whip up egg whites and sugar. Set aside. In another bowl, mix egg yolks, vanilla, oil, cocoa, flour, and baking powder. Gently fold in egg white mixture.
3. Grease oil onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread batter across the entire sheet. Bake for seven minutes.
4. Once cake looks moist and spongy, remove it from the oven and set aside.
5. Whip cream in electric mixer.
6. Divide cake into three strips lengthwise and cut evenly. Spread with flavored cream. Pipe whip cream onto the entire edge of the strip. Slowly roll up the cake and cut into eight pieces.
7. Repeat for the remaining two strips of cake.
8. Freeze yodels for at least 1 hour.
9. In a double boiler, melt baking chocolate. Dip yodels into melted chocolate and gently shake off any excess. Let dry on baking sheet. Drizzle chocolate onto yodels, or decorate as desired.
1. If you are using a high quality mixer, such as a Bosch, you do not have to beat egg whites separately.
2. If you release the cake very gently with a knife from the parchment, yodels will be easier to roll.
3. For a softer glaze, add a tablespoon