By: Esther Sassoon
Beautiful and delicious, this dessert guarantees no leftovers. A chocolate and peanut butter lover’s delight, the best part of all is the ice cream prepared with all the leftovers scraps!
6 cups of Rice Krispies
1 pound of baking chocolate
(Do not use chocolate chips!)
3 tbsp of honey
1 cup + 3 tbsp of peanut butter
2 pounds white chocolate
2 squares baking chocolate
1. Over double boiler, melt one pound
of baking chocolate.
2. Add honey and one cup of peanut butter. Stir and turn off the flame. Add 6 cups
of Rice Krispies.
3. Spread on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
4. Over double boiler, melt white chocolate. Add 3 tbsp of peanut butter and stir.
5. Spread white chocolate mixture
over Rice Krispie tray.
6. Melt chocolate for garnish. Place in a zip lock bag and cut off a small piece of the tip.
7. Pipe straight lines (stripes) across the tray. Feather with a toothpick, dragging it perpendicular to the lines, going backward and forward repeatedly.
8. Cool in fridge for 8 minutes and remove.
Let stand outside the fridge for 20 minutes,
or until chocolate looks set.
9. Using a deep, scalloped cookie cutter
(twice the height of a regular cookie cutter), cut out flowers that are one inch
If white chocolate sets before feathering, you can re-melt it by blowing on the top of the tray with a blow dryer.
When cutting out flowers, push the flower out of the cutter, from the bottom through the top. This will keep the flowers clean and perfect.
Add peanut butter chocolate scraps to your favorite ice cream recipe!
Esther Sassoon, professionally trained event planner and pastry chef,
has been sweetening events for the last 6 years. She is available for
dessert demos and classes. Esther can be reached at
email@example.com or by phone - 347 421 5739.