Is This New York’s Next Mayor? Michel Faulkner is ready to fix your problems.
By: Esther Sassoon
This cool and light dessert is delicious dairy or parve, large or small. It is super easy to prepare and can be made in a minimal amount of time.
2 packages lady fingers
1 cup water
2 tbsp. instant coffee grounds
2 tbsp. coffee liqueur
1 large Rich Whip
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 package cream cheese (parve or dairy)
1 chocolate bar
Directions For Mini Cups:
(Square, 3-inch cups work beautifully with this dessert.)
1. Whip up cream in an electric mixer.
2. When fully whipped, add vanilla, confectioners’
sugar, and cream cheese. Set aside.
3. Dissolve coffee and coffee liqueur in water
and place in a wide bowl.
4. Place lady fingers in coffee mixture for ten seconds,
5. Place two lady fingers at the bottom of the cup.
6. Pipe cheese mixture over.
7. Continue layering lady fingers dipped in coffee
and cheese mixture until cup is full.
8. At the top of the cup, pipe cream cheese mixture
with a large star tip to give it a professional finish.
9. With a vegetable peeler, scrape the side of a
chocolate bar. This will form chocolate curls.
10. Place chocolate curls on the top of the cups
11. Freeze cups and thaw 30 minutes before serving.
Directions For Large Tiramisu:
1. Follow previous instructions 1-4.
2. In a spring form pan, layer lady fingers and
cream cheese mixture. Pipe numerous large
stars at the top of the tiramisu.
3. Sprinkle with coffee powder (Elite).
4. Sprinkle with chocolate curls.
5. Freeze and thaw 30 min before serving.
Esther Sassoon, professionally trained event planner and pastry chef, has been sweetening events for the last 6 years. She is available
for dessert demos and classes. Esther can be reached at email@example.com or by phone – 347 421 5739.