By: Meyer Edery, Meyer Real Estate
Now is a great time to buy a home with historically low mortgage rates and depressed home prices. From a seller’s perspective, attracting qualified buyers has never been more critical. Consider these tips to get the most money for your property.
First impressions are the most memorable
- Potential buyers will be looking at both the inside and outside of the home, so paint and touch up where possible.
- Clean up clutter and make sure your home has a fresh, clean smell.
- Install the brightest florescent light bulbs and open all shades before showing the house.
- The asking price can make or break a sale. Statistics show that the higher a home is priced, the longer it stays on the market, ultimately lowering the seller’s profit.
- Though it may seem tempting to try selling your home by yourself, on average, sellers who hire an agent ultimately walk away with more money than those who don’t. Look for an agent who will represent you in a professional and honest manner and provide proper advice.