Decadent Mac & Cheese
Mac and Cheese is basically the universal comfort food. But what makes this recipe different
from regular Mac and Cheese? This method uses two types of cheese to make a rich and
creamy sauce, and then finished with a crispy panko topping. Every bite pairs a delicious crunch
with creamy, luscious pasta in every bite. This dish works well baked in a 9×13, or even better,
twelve ramekins to establish individual portion sizes. This recipe also freezes well – just wrap well with plastic wrap after adding the panko crumbs and place in the freezer.
1 box dry macaroni
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1.5 cups milk
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Salt to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar
3 cups shredded mozzarella
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit..
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
3. Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and let cook for two minutes
while continuously stirring. Slowly whisk in milk, salt, and garlic salt. Cook over medium heat
while stirring until thickened.
4. Remove from heat and add cheese sauce and macaroni noodles together. Pour into a
greased 9×13 pan.
5. Combine panko cheese topping ingredients together in a bowl and sprinkle over the casserole before baking.
6. Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly. Do not over-cook.
Optional: Top with fresh parsley leaves.