Measuring cups and spoons
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon honey
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
5 slices of brioche or challah, or other bread (3/4 inch to 1-inch-thick slices)
1 cup strawberries, halved
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons strawberry jam
Syrup or whipped cream for serving
Let’s Get Started!
1. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, honey, and salt until combined.
2. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture until both sides are coated.
4. Place the bread in the hot skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through.
5. Take the French toast out of the skillet and cut into bite-size pieces using the pizza cutter.
6. Make small ‘sandwiches’ with the French toast pieces and the jam, and thread them onto skewers, alternating with strawberry halves.
7. Serve with syrup or whipped cream (or both!).