Kids – See if you have what it takes to become a Junior Chef!
Adult Supervision Required
Ziplock freezer bag
Measuring cups & spoons
2 eight-ounce containers of whipped cream cheese
½ cup sour cream
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 eight-ounce package of Oreo cookies, crumbled and separated in half
1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust
Let’s Get Started!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crumble sandwich cookies by placing in large Ziplock freezer bag and smashing cookies into coarse crumbs.
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients: Add to bowl in the order listed on the left, adding only half of the cookies and excluding the pie crust.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust. Sprinkle the remaining cookies over top of the mixture.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving – or cover with foil and store in refrigerator.
Makes 1 Pie-Size Cake
Prayer Pointers From
Buzz the Brachos Bee
Did you know that you should not have anything in your mouth while you are making a berachah?
OREO COOKIE CHEESECAKE
Recipe and photo provided by Mia Adler Ozair, author of Cook, Pray, Eat Kosher.
Chef Shiri Says…
Cheesecake is believed to have been made first in ancient Greece. Historians say that Olympic athletes ate cheesecake before an event to give them energy
Where’s the Cheese?
About 4 percent of all cheese is stolen by shoplifters! That makes it the most common food to be stolen in the entire world.