Lately, cauliflower has been used for pizza crusts and disguised as rice, but grinding it until it’s unrecognizable is unnecessary. The cruciferous vegetable is delicious whole, oven-roasted with olive oil or even raw with salad dressing. This recipe incorporates coconut milk, which enhances the creamy cauliflower, and toasted garlic elevates the flavor profile. Ground turmeric gives the quiche a gorgeous golden color, leaving the cauliflower in the spotlight, where it belongs.
16 oz frozen cauliflower florets
16 oz mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp turmeric
3 tsp oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ cup canned coconut milk
Optional: sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whip eggs. Add cheese, coconut milk, turmeric, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp oil.
- Add garlic slices and cook until golden, making sure it doesn’t burn, about 2 minutes. Remove garlic from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add sliced onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add toasted garlic and sautéed onion to the egg mixture.
- Add cauliflower florets and fold in.
- Spoon mixture into a prepared pie crust or tin .
- Bake for 40-60 minutes.
- Optional: top with sliced scallions